Blood-red lips, otherwise known as the color Oxblood, is in fact not just a Halloween thing — it’s the hottest color trend of the season. Traditional red lipsticks are taking a deep red romantic twist. To make sure you get the most dramatic effect remember to always apply the color directly from the tube. But don’t forget to first dust your cheeks with a skin-warming blush or bronzer to avoid getting into creepy vampire territory.
How to Pick the Right Shade for You via – RealSimple.com
- Brick red works best on very dark skin tones.
- Golden brown skin tones should opt for a true red with no hint of blue or orange.
- Orange reds suit Latinas and women with olive skin best.
- The very fair skinned fare best with a cool blue red (think Snow White).
Here are our top 5 lipsticks that almost anyone can pull off – not too orange, not too blue, and not too intense in color.
1. MAC Viva Glam I
2. NYX Round Lipstick Snow White
3. Revlon Matte Really Red
4. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Forbidden Red
5. MAC Russian Red