Just a few ways to help you break out of those winter beauty ruts.
1. Bangs! Choose your poison from wispy and sideswept to pin-straight and full. If your not sure, forgo perfectly blunt ends — choppy, layered bangs are more flattering for most face shapes and easier to trim yourself.
2. Try a sunny disposition with a sculpted, sun-kissed complexion. Dust parts of your face the sun would naturally hit, like the bridge of the nose, forehead, and cheekbones, with a bronzer that’s just one to two shades deeper than your skin tone.
3. Tangerine dream eyes. Splash over lids, lips, or cheeks a delicate washes of pink, apricot, and sea-foam green. The official signal to the start of spring.
4. Wear non-predictable lipstick. Wear almost-bare faces with striking black-cherry- and pomegranate-stained lips. Try out MAC’s Pro Lipstick in Full Chocolate and Most Mocha — rich chestnut shades without gloss. A matte finish makes it fresh.
5. Try out different types of braids fashioned across the crown or cascading down the back. Also apply a pomade to fingers before braiding to ensure a good grip on hair.