Happy International Women’s Day!! Also known as International Working Women’s Day, marked every March 8th by celebrating and sending e-cards and gifts to the women who mean the most in your life. Thousands of events occur not just on this day but throughout March to mark the economic, political and social achievements of women.
The 2013 theme: “The Gender Agenda: Gaining Momentum” is the 2013 theme of our internationalwomensday.com website. Last year our 2012 theme was Connecting Girls, Inspiring Futures which supported the United Nation’s (UN) first International Day of the Girl celebrated on 11 October 2012. The UN declares an International Women’s Day theme and for 2013 it is “A promise is a promise: Time for action to end violence against women”. In 2012 it was “Empower Rural Women – End Hunger and Poverty”. Many organizations develop International Women’s Day themes relevant to their local contexts. For example, the European Parliament’s 2012 theme was “Equal pay for work of equal value”.
Want to learn how to curl your hair in 10 minutes and make it last all day? Then watch the video by MakeupByTiffanyD below. She swears by it and says it even lasts a couple days. It’s got lots of positive feedback.
Here are the items you’ll need to achieve her look:
Paul Mitchell Hot Off The Press Thermal Protection Spray
1″ curling iron
TreSemme Tres Two Hair Spray
Small claw clip
There are so many types of frames, colors, and styles of glasses trying to figure out what type of makeup to wear can get kind of frustrating. Makeup.allwomenstalk.com put together 18 fool proof tips that will have you looking fabulous with any type of glasses you put on!
1. Natural Eyes – When you are an eyeglass wearer, you are super lucky because you can actually stay pretty neutral with your eye makeup. The reasoning behind this is because your bright colors won’t really be seen behind those fashionable eyeglasses.
2. Bright Lips – One of the top makeup tips for eyeglass wearers is saving those bright and bold colors for your lips! Want a pop of pink? Do it on your lips! What about some violet? Your lips! It’ll make all of the difference ladies!
3. Load up on mascara – A lot of the makeup tips for eyeglass wearers that I read was mascara is bad and will stick against the glass of your glasses – this is a myth. Mascara will only highlight your eyes and really bring them out from behind your glasses, so mascara it up!
4. Use gel liner – Gel liner is actually one of the best liners for eyeglass wearers – it’s also one of the top makeup tips for eyeglass wearers! Gel liner is one of my favorite liners, not only does it stay on, but it’s super easy to apply too! My favorite? Of course, Maybelline’s gel liner!
5. Wearing thick frames? Use thicker eye liner – Did you know that if you have thicker framed eyeglasses, your eyeliner should mimic that? This tiny makeup tip for eyeglass wearers is a secret that I am blowing out of the water! So girls with thicker frames, make sure that your eyeliner compliments your thicker frames!
Did you drop your most coveted shade of eye shadow and it’s in tiny powdery peices? Don’t fret! Reinfery29 has put together this awesome video to show you just how you can save your crushed shadow, bronzer, or blush!
ShareTweet PinkApple has Valentine’s Day gifts that will keep you warm this winter. Why settle for the same old card and flowers when you can give your lover something you can both enjoy? Check out our recommended Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas and save up to 25% during the Valentine’s Day Sale!.
ShareTweet It’s only the first full week of January, and we’re ready for spring and sunshine. We’re also so over dry skin and chapped lips so here are a few ideas to get you moving forward to brighter days. The Color of Pink – Since tangerine tango kind of took over last year, pink got [...]
ShareTweet There was a lot of great trends and products last year from colorful eyeliners, bright lipstick, MAC Marylin Collection and more! And we know its almost impossible to try everything especially because of your wallet. Wouldn’t it be nice to know what was the creme-de-la-creme so you knew what to go spend your Christmas [...]
ShareTweet “Emerald, a vivid, verdant green, enhances our sense of well-being further by inspiring insight, as well as promoting balance and harmony,” says Pantone’s press release. PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald has been named the color of the year for 2013. “Green is the most abundant hue in nature – the human eye sees more green than [...]
ShareTweet We are super envious of all the painted nail images on Pinterest. Don’t you ever wonder how they make them look so perfect? Well it turns out there is a lot more to it than just a steady hand or good quality nail polish, you also have to care for your hands and nails. [...]
ShareTweet It’s that time of year again, and Pink Apple has great new gifts for that special someone this holiday season. Whether they have been naughty or nice, we have the perfect gifts to heat up their stocking this year. Shop Pink Apples’ Holiday Gift Guide Great Gift Ideas from Kama Sutra: Kama Sutra Treasure [...]
Opinions are solely those of the author and may not reflect the views of Pink Apple or PinkApple.com employees. Health statements and medical references expressed in this blog are for informational purposes only. Please consult with your physician when making decisions regarding your health options.